Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2009

One for mom!


It was around 8.30 in the night when I went to Sandarshini for dinner, had dinner and when I walked out, the rain started gaining momentum...I decided to get wet in the rain and reach home rather than waiting coz it looked like the rain gods were bent on going on and on. As I started walking, I found something that made me look twice, and go back in time and more than that inspire me to write this:

A young lady was carrying her kid and covered him with her saree to protect him from the rain. I loved it. I've always loved every act of my mom, especially ultra-sweet ones like these.

It is among the very few relationships where one does something for another even if it means to forego something and not even have the faintest thought of getting anything back - anything at all!

I am a believer in relativity. The beauty or importance of a person is best understood in a relative context. One understands the real importance of 'mom' only after getting to experience other kinds of relationships. The following quote by George Carlin about 'our times' throws ample light on superficial relationships that have become the order of the day! (I find it apt to quote this now, again because of relativity.)

" These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete..."

And the following video is for all those who love their mom!

3 comments:

Miss Rao said...

wonderful message, you shuould publish ur blogs in a better way so it reaches the right people in right time, which is essential. :)

Santhosh Karnananda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Santhosh Karnananda said...

Hey ya.. Thanks for your comment Miss Rao. I haven't really thought about how to publish it better. Do let me know if you have any ideas.