Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Preparing for the Mumbai full marathon 2010




I some how want to complete the Mumbai full marathon in 2010. Though I kinda got a start and practice regularly, I get bored with running at times and take a break here and there for a week or two. The challenge to meet here is to keep myself motivated with the focus on the distant goal and keep practising regularly. Hope fully I ll make it. I have to man... I was able to complete the Hyderabad half marathon in November, 2008 with a timing of 2 hr 30 mins.. This was the first time I had run for such a long time at a stretch.. When I can do that with literally no practice at all, I think the stage is all set to upgrade myself to complete the full marathon considering the 14 months time until Jan 17th, 2010 - the date of the event. Let's see.. fingers crossed.. I somehow want to make this happen.. May be I should stick strongly to my Sunday early morning long runs.. that will help me maintain the discipline and keep me in shape and focus for the Big event!

And now the long forgotten ligament tear on my right ankle keeps showing it's ugly head every now and then to keep me away from training and take my focus away. However, I get to exercise atleast the upper body and core on such days. But, let's see how long this is going to continue.

And I finally registered for the mega event! What a feeling it is to register for Asia's biggest marathon. Hopefully I will be able to complete it on January, 2010

No comments: